Features & Benefits
MathType is a Universal application supporting both Intel and PowerPC Macs. MathType works with Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger or later, including 10.7 Lion.
Works with Many Applications and Websites
- Apple iWork '09: MathType lets you add equations to documents, presentations, and spreadsheets in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.
- Microsoft Office 2008 and 2011: MathType lets you add equations to documents, presentations, and spreadsheets in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Apple iBooks Author: Add and edit equations in the ebooks you are authoring and make the math accessible to people with visual disabilities.
- Many Other Applications and Websites: MathType also works with over 500 applications and websites, including:
- Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, Mac Mail, Microsoft Outlook
- Mathematica, Maple
- InDesign, QuarkXpress
- Blackboard, Moodle, WebAssign
- Wikipedia, Wolfram Alpha
- Google Docs
- Many Ways to Work: MathType can add equations to virtually any application or website into which you can paste or drag a graphic in PDF, EPS, or GIF format or in LaTeX or MathML math languages. Check our Works With section for details on how MathType works with your favorite apps and websites.
- More Fonts: MathType has hundreds more symbols and templates than Equation Editor. Besides our exclusive Euclid™ math fonts, you can also make use of the 1000s of math symbols in fonts already on your computer, as well as math fonts you can download from the Internet.
- Find Symbols: MathType's Insert Symbol dialog allows you to explore the available symbols and insert them with a click or keystroke.
- Point-and-Click Editing with Automatic Formatting: Equations can be created quickly by choosing templates from MathType's palettes and typing into their empty slots. MathType applies mathematical spacing rules automatically as you type.
- Type TeX or LaTeX: If you already know the TeX typesetting language, you can type it into the MathType window or directly into a Word document. TeX editing can be mixed with point-and-click editing so you get the best of both worlds. You can also paste in equations from existing TeX documents.
- Type TeX or LaTeX directly into a Microsoft Word document: With MathType's unique TeX Toggle feature, you can type TeX directly into a Word document. When you are done, use the TeX Toggle command to turn it into a typeset equation. If you want to edit it later, use TeX Toggle again to turn it back into TeX to make your changes.
- Save Expressions in the Toolbar: Drag frequently used equations and expressions to the MathType toolbar so they can be inserted later with just a click or a keystroke.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: MathType has customizable keyboard shortcuts for virtually every symbol, template, and command.