WIRIS editor is a visual editor (WYSIWYG) that allows inserting mathematical formulas in web pages. It is based on Java technology and the standard MathML, so it runs on any browser and operating system, in particular on Windows, Linux and Mac.
WIRIS editor is a mathematical WYSIWYG editor. You can use a large collection of icons nicely organized in thematic tabs in order to create formulas for your web page, virtual learning environment, blog or forum.
Insert interactive mathematics
WIRIS cas is an online platform for mathematical calculations designed for education. You can access a powerful calculation toolbar through an HTML page that includes integrals and limits calculation, function graphing in 2D or 3D and symbolic matrices manipulation, among others.
WIRIS cas covers all mathematical topics from primary school to university level (Calculus, Algebra, Geometry, Differential Equations...).
Empower your Moodle Quiz module with mathematics
Moodle Quiz allows you to create questionnaires for your students. If you would enjoy such features as randomised data and automatic evaluation and feedback, then WIRIS quizzes is your solution. This component enhances the existing question types of Moodle with the power of mathematics:
- You keep full control over random data (create a random matrix with a set range, for example, or a polynomial with a double root).
- Add 2D or 3D graphics in your questions, answers and feedback.
- The answers of the students are automatically evaluated and their feedback is provided taking into account the randomness of the question and that of the answer!
- The evaluation checks for mathematically equivalent answers to the expected, but not exactly the expected solution. For example, if the solution were , we want the system to interpret as a correct answer. This can only be achieved via a calculation engine as WIRIS.
- The teacher decides if the student has access to a calculation engine session or a formula editor for introducing their answer.
- The production and modification time of the exercises is reduced to the minimum through simple and visual edition.
- NEW: WIRIS quizzes 2 allows you to control the format of the answer provided by the student: request it to be simplified, factorised, etc. Come and see us present the latest features at our nearest events.